_The Thief_, with spoilers galore--extra long for your enjoyment

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Fri Mar 8 11:49:20 EST 2002

>I've now got _The Queen of Attolia_ and will be reading it next, but a
>review I read somewhere had a spoiler in it that distressed me...
>

>SPOILER ALERT...

Adding

More

Here

>Seems funny to have a spoiler alert when I haven't even read the book
>myself, but the review mentioned that Gen has his hand cut off by the Queen
>of Attolia, and this made me wonder if I wouldn't like the book. I *hate* it
>when reviewers do this...

That's terrible!  There were a ton of reviews for _The Thief_ posted
and one of them gave the whole story away - I read it after reading
the book or would have been completely disgusted.  But Ros, I am the
wimpiest reader in the world*, and I still LOVED TQoA to pieces.
Becca was horrified at this part and made me read the end to tell her
if she was going to be able to stand it, and she loved it as well. It
comes right near the beginning and I'd strongly advise not cooking
dinner while you read it - maybe you can declare an "everyone get
sambos for themselves for dinner and read night" and you could read
it in one go!  :)

*Becca just reminded me to mention that I still haven't managed the
courage to read _Doomsday Book_ yet, despite her prodding me for
about 3 years.  Thanks, honey!

Hallie.