Guy Gavriel Kay

Robyn Starkey rohina at shaw.ca
Fri Mar 8 11:14:49 EST 2002

>Hmm. I've only read about four or five of his books, and the only one I
>remember having lesbian content is _Memory and Dream_, which I really loved.
>I found the relationship between the two women (which wasn't really a
>lesbian relationship--more that one was in love with the other) beautifully
>portrayed and moving. I haven't read many of his short stories--are there
>lots of lesbian relationships there?

I think that's exactly where I had the problem. I read a book of his short
stories, and they all had these relationships, and being short stories,
there wasn't much room for depth of meaning in the portrayal. I really like
the Jack books, but some of them I can't read. I think it has to do with
how gritty and modern they are.

Robyn