Guy Gavriel Kay

Gross Family argross at bigpond.net.au
Fri Mar 8 04:25:03 EST 2002

Robyn wrote:

> I like some of De Lint, but then every now and then he creeps me out. It
is
> partly that I really can't cope with a male author who is so persistently
> interested in portraying lesbian relationships, I think. Also, the really
> "urban" part of the urban fantasy (crime thriller type stuff) I wouldn't
> read as a genre normally.

Hmm. I've only read about four or five of his books, and the only one I
remember having lesbian content is _Memory and Dream_, which I really loved.
I found the relationship between the two women (which wasn't really a
lesbian relationship--more that one was in love with the other) beautifully
portrayed and moving. I haven't read many of his short stories--are there
lots of lesbian relationships there?

Ros