Heyer (was Re: Which dwj char are you?)

Paul Andinach pandinac at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Wed Mar 6 23:49:21 EST 2002

On Thu, 7 Mar 2002, Sally Odgers wrote:

> > > Me too. My father claims to dislike sf and fantasy (but used to
> > > like H Rider Haggard - and isn't SHE fantasy?). What he really
> > > likes is a full-bodied adventure story, preferably with romance
> > > thrown in.

> > Mind you, I'm thinking of the famous H. Rider Haggard, he who wrote
> > _She_ and _King Solomon's Mines_. I've never heard of this other H.
> > Rider Haggard you refer to - what's she written?
>

> <g> As you very well know the SHE (in caps) is a book title.

I can see that *now*, but I genuinely didn't realise it while I was
writing my reply; I'm accustomed to different ways of indicating
titles, and I thought the capitalisation was just emphasis.

(It seems like only yesterday one of my lecturers was informing me of
the important role standards play in the unobstructed exchange of
information. Oh, that's right; it was only yesterday...)

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."