L.M. Montgomery

HSchinske at aol.com HSchinske at aol.com
Wed Mar 6 17:08:28 EST 2002

In a message dated 3/6/2002 6:18:58 AM Pacific Standard Time, Georgia writes:

> I've just been looking up biographies
>  of L M Montgomery and critical work about her - has anyone read anything
>  they can recommend?

There are four volumes (so far -- there's to be a fifth someday) of her
Selected Journals. They get progressively more depressing, I find, but
they're endlessly interesting. I love the bit where she says that she can't
really tell the whole truth about Emily, because it would mean letting on
that young girls sometimes have "some very vivid love affairs. A girl of
Emily's type certainly would."

Helen Schinske