Montgomery (was: imagination in books)

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Wed Mar 6 10:34:45 EST 2002

>lizzie wrote:
>>  "Kindred Spirit:
>  > the Life of Lucy Maud Montgomery."

You might also see if you could get hold of her journals - they've
been published in several volumes, afaik.  I have the first one _The
Selected Journals of L.M.Montgomery_ ed. Mary Rubio and Elizabeth
Waterson.  She did write a *lot*.  I've only skimmed this one, and
couldn't face up to the later ones.  Not sure whether I got the
biographical info off the web site or not, but probably.  She wrote
gobs of poetry, but I don't remember how available it all is.

I - ahem - also bought the cookbook _Aunt Maud's Recipe Book_ which
has lovely photos and family anecdotes.  My favourite picture of her
(again, not sure where I got this) was of her as a busy minister's
wife (teaching Sunday school, cooking for teas etc.) and writer - she
was regularly seen dashing around with her shopping basket and
muttering bits of dialogue so she wouldn't forget them.

Hallie.