Montgomery (was: imagination in books)

Corrick, Georgia g.corrick at southampton.gov.uk
Wed Mar 6 05:37:21 EST 2002

lizzie wrote:
> "Kindred Spirit:
> the Life of Lucy Maud Montgomery."

Many thanks for the fascinating detail about her life, Lizzie, and for the
link - I've just looked up the book and found it in a library about an hour
away, so shall definitely seek that out. I'm wondering if the paperback
edition of _Rilla_ I read (admittedly a few years ago - it's not one of my
favourites as I found Rilla rather sickly) was abridged, as I don't remember
much about war in it (stupidly I passed up the offer of a free hardback a
few months ago). I haven't read _The Blue Castle_, so shall look for that
too. Judging by the careers of her writer-heroines, she must have published
a lot of stuff in magazines I presume - did this include poetry as well as
short stories, and, if so, does anyone know whether any collections of her
poems have been published

Georgia