Books from the Library

Corrick, Georgia g.corrick at southampton.gov.uk
Wed Mar 6 04:32:24 EST 2002

lizzie write:
> And I've realized that for some reason I associate TAnith Lee with Angela
> Carter.  Any Angela Carter fans?

Me - I did my undergraduate dissertation on Carter (and still liked her
afterwards). Haven't read Tanith Lee though - suspect I've been put off by
her name, in a totally prejudiced and nonsensical way. I'm not as keen on
Carter's more disturbing works like her short stories, preferring the more
cheery books like Nights at the Circus and Wise Children. Has anyone seen
the play of The Magic Toyshop that I think is on at the moment in London?

Georgia