Heyer (was Re: Which dwj char are you?)

Kyla Tornheim kyla at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Tue Mar 5 19:53:12 EST 2002

On Wed, 6 Mar 2002, Sally Odgers wrote:

> don't know why.  Despite pointed and constant comments from
> > friends, I can't bring myself to want to read Guy Gavriel Kay.
> > No idea why.  Just don't wanna.
>

> I did, once, and didn;t like it. The style was over-ornamented for my taste
> and there was too much yuck.
That's a major source of disagreement with a) one of my best friends and
b) my ex-boyfriend. She adored the Fionavar Tapestry; he thought that
Tigana was one of the best books ever. I read the first book of Fionavar
and started the second, got sidetracked and never got back to it. I figure
that's a clue that I didn't really want to read it. I also read...um...the
French one. Can't remember the name; I think I got kind of annoyed at the
characters, and figured that since I'd *tried* to read Kay, and had
completed two books, I could legitimately say I didn't like his books.