Books from the Library

Tue Mar 5 15:52:27 EST 2002

On Tue, 5 Mar 2002 18:31:13 +0000 (GMT), Elizabeth Parks wrote:

>Hallie wrote:
>
> Has anyone read
>her Vogage of the Basset book, _Islands in the Sky_ I think it's
>called?  That series is something else.  I read the first three - by
>Tanith Lee, Terri Weindling and Sherwood Smith, and found all of them
>incredible.  (Not incredibly good, btw.)  It's amazing how
>heavy-handed didactism in favour of Using the Imagination ends up
>being almost as annoying as if it were saying the opposite.

Funny, that's why I haven't read them.  The bits I picked up on seemed
rather empty of soul.  Good, now I can stop feeling nagged about them.

>As for the third Wolf Tower book--I am really, really sorry.  It's out in
>the UK and so without thinking I assumed it would be out in the States,
>too.  I sincerely apologize for not putting up any kind of warning and
>really really hope that none of you let my opinion of it adversely affect
>yours.

Oh, no need to apologize!  In fact, I hadn't realized they were coming out
in England first, so I learned something.  Plus, I already know I like them
better than you, so it's not like I'm not going to read the third one
anyway....

Melissa Proffitt