Library hold policy (was Re: freedom and necessity)

Caleb W SCWoody423 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 5 15:47:49 EST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Elizabeth Parks" <mep3 at st-andrews.ac.uk>
To: <dwj at suberic.net>
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2002 1:05 PM
Subject: Re: Library hold policy (was Re: freedom and necessity)

<snip>
> There's an online
> catalogue where you can reserve lots and lots of books and then check to
> see the status of all the books you have.

Yes, my library has got that, although for some reason I can't reserve books
on there any more. Perhaps it's something to do with my having ordered
around 50 books in around 3 days at the beginning of the summer holidays,
but I haven't had the nerve to ask...

That was when I got into DWJ in a big way, incidentally. I'd read her books
before but had never quite made the connection that between i) These books
are really good, ii) DWJ has written lots of books and iii) the library
catalogue lists loads of her books which I can easily order until then.

My list of books on order in fairly low at the moment, only around 10 or so.
I organize my visits so as to go on the days when they get books in from
other libraries, i.e. Tuesdays and Fridays. Today I got a Welsh translation
of a DWJ book!

Caleb W.