Which dwj char are you?

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Tue Mar 5 13:29:46 EST 2002

On Monday 04 March 2002 17:17, Philip Belben wrote:

> PS I seem to recall a couple of years ago Nat (I think it was) did
> a survey of list members, including other favourite authors.  After
> DWJ, Connie Willis came top, IIRC, with Georgette Heyer next.

I'm starting to feel very guilty that I've never liked Heyer; or
rather, it was something my mother read, and I can't decide whether
(a) I really like it deep down, but decided to dislike it because I
don't want to like the same things my mother did, (b) I really
dislike it but I feel guilty about that because my mother read it and
she was Always Right, or (c) I would like it if I could read it
without any preconceptions.

I think (c) but I can't get rid of the preconceptions. I wish I could
read Heyer with a clean slate to decide if I like it, and if not,
why; I love _Sorcery and Cecelia_.

   Irina