Books from the Library

Jendle jenny.preston at virgin.net
Mon Mar 4 18:45:49 EST 2002

Despite being the kind of romance/fantasy book I try to avoid, I really
enjoyed this when I read it, especially the characterisation of the two men
around Claidi (sorry, can't remember their names).  The sequel is called
Wolf Star Rising, and is even better, taking the ideas a stage further on.

Tanith Lee's written quite a bit.  The first book of hers I read was Eva
Fairdeath, which runs on the same kind of lines as the Claidi books but more
depressing.  She's done some vampire books, which I wasn't that keen on
because I really can't get into vampire stories, and some sci fi which I've
avoided like the plague.  I did like the Unicorn books and Forests of the
Night, which is a book of short stories with interesting little explanations
at the beginning of each one.

> Price, Susan: The Story Collector

I've never read this.  I think I read something by Susan Price once about a
girl with no limbs and a ghost train, but I don't remember much except that
I didn't like it.

Jenny
--
String quartet: a good violinist, a bad violinist, an ex-violinist, and
someone who hates violinists, all getting together to complain about