nix and abhorsen

Tarja Rainio vierran at saunalahti.fi
Mon Mar 4 09:14:54 EST 2002

> From looking at the website, it looks like Abhorsen will be
> available sometime between June and September this year,
> thank goodness. The date of 2003 was for US release of
> audio books. I suspect it will be easier and quicker to get
> it from Australia than wait. Thank goodness for Slow Glass.

I hate to bring you bad news, but the following is copied directly from
Nix's homepage:

"ABHORSEN continues the story begun in LIRAEL. It is scheduled for
publication by HarperCollins US around February 2003 and by Allen &
Unwin in Australia around the same time. It will appear from
HarperCollins UK in 2004, as they begin with the publication of SABRIEL
in September 2002.

As of mid-February 2002 I've finished the book, it has had the first
round of editing and my revisions in response to that edit. The sample
chapters below have not been copy-edited so there will be some polishing
of the prose to come and possibly some further minor changes as well."

And here's a link to a posting he made on the subject in November which
confirms the 2003 date for Abhorsen (you may need to cut-and-paste the
link):
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=abhorsen+garth+nix&hl=fi&selm=B8234B40.178C6%25garthnix%40ozemail.com.au&rnum=7

Tarja