Books from the Library

Paul Andinach pandinac at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sun Mar 3 18:34:17 EST 2002

On Sat, 2 Mar 2002, Hallie O'Donovan wrote:

> > Lee, Tanith: Law of the Wolf Tower
>
> I think Melissa posted a very favourable opinion of this recently
> - Becca and I had rather a different reaction to it.  We did,
> however, both love two of her older books - I mean, written
> longer-ago, not for older readers:  _Castle of Dark_ (it was
> published under a different name in the US), and _Prince on a
> White Horse_.

Have you read _The Dragon Hoard_? That's my favourite.

> Those were my first Tanith Lee books, and nothing else ever lived
> up to them, for me.  Although I liked the first Unicorn book, and
> think it's worth a read, if only for the peeve.

My first books were _The Dragon Hoard_ and _Prince on a White Horse_,
but apart from that these two sentences describe my reaction to Tanith
Lee quite accurately. I wonder if it's a general phenomenon?

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."