Books from the Library

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Sat Mar 2 17:42:14 EST 2002

>Hi!
>
>I've just been to the library (a day ago, or so), and I borrowed a couple of
>children's books in English and French. I wonder if anyone of you
>have read any
>of these books, and if you've something to say about them; are they good or
>bad? Do you reckon the authors? - Can you recommend anything else they've
>written?
>
>Well, here's the list:
>
>Lee, Tanith: Law of the Wolf Tower

I think Melissa posted a very favourable opinion of this recently -
Becca and I had rather a different reaction to it.  We did, however,
both love two of her older books - I mean, written longer-ago, not
for older readers:  _Castle of Dark_ (it was published under a
different name in the US), and _Prince on a White Horse_.

Those were my first Tanith Lee books, and nothing else ever lived up
to them, for me.  Although I liked the first Unicorn book, and think
it's worth a read, if only for the peeve.  Unfortunately for most of
the rest of the trilogy I found myself thinking that DWJ could have
done it so much better!

Hallie.