Re Deep Secret -- Fairytales

Sally Odgers sodgers at tassie.net.au
Fri Mar 1 20:43:01 EST 2002

> Kern is afaik a fantasy name, not one picked from the real world.
>
> Any more examples?

Oddly enough, I used it in a novel called A Tangle of Roses that I wrote
many years ago... it wasn't accepted (what YA or adult would want to read
something based on a fairytale? was what the editors said...) but Kern
Clothman was the father of the heroine, Belinda Clothmaid. His wife was
Wenda, an embroiderer to the queen. Since Belinda and the princess Rosalind
were close in age they were childhood companions... and Belinda used a
spindle!

Sallyo.