Re Deep Secret -- Fairytales

deborah deborah at suberic.net
Fri Mar 1 15:46:58 EST 2002

On Fri, 1 Mar 2002 Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk wrote:
|Sally wrote:
|
|> Speaking of the Archives, posts show up in the google search. So, <vbg> we
|> better be careful what we say! Say I said something rude about an author or
|> editor and someone else did a "search" for that author or editor... my
|> comment would probably show up in the hits.  Scary, eh.
|
|I think it's only fair to say, this has happened.  I was the unfortunate to
|whose comment the author (a relative of mine) objected.  Afaict this has been
|sorted out now, with the author's name deleted from a couple of items in the
|archive.

We can make the archives so they won't show up in responsible
search engines, if that's what people want.  Sometimes I think
it's kind of nifty (someone searching for Harry Potter might get
a link to our discussion of it) but Sally and Philip are right,
it means we have to be careful.  So if people have strong
feelings one way or the other, let me know.

-deborah
deborah at suberic.net
--
There were green alligators, and long necked geese
Humpty-backed camels and chimpanzees