recommended reads & questions

Robyn Starkey rohina at shaw.ca
Fri Mar 1 12:25:13 EST 2002

I have obviously been going through my emails where people recommend books,
after Freedom and Necessity (excellent), I and have finally caught up and
read Bridge of Birds (v.g.). I also read The Story of the Stone, which was
good but not as good as the first one. Can someone tell me how many more
there are in the series, and do they retain the quality, or is it all a bit
downhill after the first one. Or maybe it was me - I can't generally read
more than one Pratchett in a row and still enjoy them, so perhaps I should
take a break before reading the next one.

I have heard a rumour, from a reasonably reliable source that Garth Nix's
Abhorsen, which was supposed to be out around now, will not make an
appearance until June or July. Sigh.  I was hoping someone might contradict
me...

Robyn
ps for listers who also subscribe to girlsown, I am not insane, but thank
you SOOOOO much for asking.