More tee-shirts, Babylon and Caprona

Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk
Fri Mar 1 08:07:51 EST 2002

Hallie wrote:

> Lol!  My sister/brother/friend went to Babylon and all I got was this
> crummy tee-shirt?

Hmm.  I was thinking of that with "Caprona" for "Babylon" (Hey!  Put
"Sant'Angelo Cathedral, Caprona" on the Indigo Rubber tour tee-shirt!).

Trouble with Babylon is people might think you'd merely been to Iraq to visit
the ruins.  Of course, going to Iraq is a pretty adventurous thing to try atm,
at least for most of us...

On the subject of Caprona, though, if I ever get around to visiting
dianwynnejones.com, the one question I want to ask is Did she have a tune in
mind for the Angel of Caprona?

Best fit that I can find for metre [*], style and probably date is "Quem
Pastores Laudavere", but this is ruined for me by memories of singing this
interminably in Sunday School to those awful words "Jesus, good above all
other".  So I've composed my own tune, which I must write down before I forget
it...

[*]  The metre 8 8 8 7 is quite unusual.  The words that the Montana kids used
in the kitchen do not fit the tune.  The metre is wrong, 8 7 8 7, and the rhyme
scheme is different from the original words.  No wonder it went wrong!

Philip, who really ought to be getting back to work after a lunchtime orgy of
list posting.

prohibited.

Registered addresses:

Powergen UK plc, City Point, 1 Ropemaker Street, London, EC2Y 9HT
Registered in England & Wales No. 2366970

Powergen Retail Limited,  Westwood Way, Westwood Business Park, Coventry CV4 8LG.
Registered in England and Wales No: 3407430

Telephone     +44 (0) 2476 42 4000
Fax           +44 (0) 2476 42 5432