Which dwj char are you?

Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk
Fri Mar 1 07:50:41 EST 2002

Rebecca Ganetzky:

> Which DWJ character (or other character) do you identify with the most?  I
> was just rereading DS (For the 100th time, I'm sure)  And I had always
> identified better with Rupert.  I'm rather rule-following, not to mention a
> computer programmer, but this time, I don't really know why, I identified
> very, ery strongly with Maree.  Our backgrounds aren't very similar but the
> things she was feeling very much resonated.  Before that I'm sure  I would
> have said Anne, as I have kept my imaginary friends for ::far:: too long,
> or Maewen, as I look a lot like her, or Amanda because I respect her a
> lot...but this is the first time that I have felt that I connect on a
> non-superficial level with a character...What about other people?

I've never found a DWJ character who's really me, for some reason.  Rupert isn't
too far off, though.

I can I dentify with a lot of Georgette Heyer characters, for some reason.
Character I would most like to resemble, Frederick Comyn (Devil's Cub).
Character I fear I actually resemble, Edward Yardley (Venetia).  FWIW.

Oh, yes.  Who is Anne?  I've been going over DWJ characters in my head, and I
can't find an Anne at all.  Except Enna Hittims, I suppose - one of the two or
three remaining DWJ stories I haven't yet managed to get hold of :-(

(I shall probably be very embarrassed here - I almost didn't identify Amanda,
and SWM is my favourite DWJ)

Philip.

prohibited.

Registered addresses:

Powergen UK plc, City Point, 1 Ropemaker Street, London, EC2Y 9HT
Registered in England & Wales No. 2366970

Powergen Retail Limited,  Westwood Way, Westwood Business Park, Coventry CV4 8LG.
Registered in England and Wales No: 3407430

Telephone     +44 (0) 2476 42 4000
Fax           +44 (0) 2476 42 5432