Library hold policy (was Re: freedom and necessity)

Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk
Fri Mar 1 07:27:30 EST 2002

> It is more basic than that. The returns slide down this huge chute to a
> locked room in the basement, and they physically sit there until a shelver

What a horrible thing to do to a book!

> comes to check them in. I was told I could go down there and wait and then
> ask the person to sort through the book pile, if they were willing, but
> that there was no guarantee when and if this would happen in the next hour
> or 3 hours.

Ouch!  At least our library has a "recent returns" rack where books not yet
sorted get stored until someone comes to file them on the shelves.

Philip.

prohibited.

Registered addresses:

Powergen UK plc, City Point, 1 Ropemaker Street, London, EC2Y 9HT
Registered in England & Wales No. 2366970

Powergen Retail Limited,  Westwood Way, Westwood Business Park, Coventry CV4 8LG.
Registered in England and Wales No: 3407430

Telephone     +44 (0) 2476 42 4000
Fax           +44 (0) 2476 42 5432