DWJ's answers: Harry Potter

Paul Andinach pandinac at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sun Jun 30 11:55:33 EDT 2002

Going through old messages...

On Sun, 2 Sep 2001, Sally Odgers wrote:

> > > Rhianna and the Wild Magic, by Dave Luckett
> >
> > Haven't heard of this one...
>
> It's a charming little fantasy, the first of three, I think. The
> world and society is well-realised, and there's a school
> setting... I really like the style, and the characters. It's not
> challenging, but then it's not meant to be - it would suit
> confident readers as young as 8, I'd say, though probably meant
> for 12 y-o or so, while still having enough guts in it to please
> at least this (so-called) adult reader.

I've read _Rhianna and the Wild Magic_ now. I think it may be at least
my second favourite Luckett book (although this is perhaps not saying
much, as I've only read five), and I'm looking forward to the sequel
that the library computer says is forthcoming.

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."