Katherine Kurtz (was Re: George R. R. Martin)

Fri Jun 28 18:42:04 EDT 2002

On Fri, 28 Jun 2002 21:51:08 +0100, Ania wrote:

>Could somebody please post a list of the Deryni books in order of reading?
>I've read quite a few of them years ago, but not all, and I might catch up
>with them, because I rather liked them then.

*The Legends of Camber of Culdi*:
Camber of Culdi
Saint Camber
Camber the Heretic

*The Heirs of St. Camber*:
The Harrowing of Gwynedd
King Javan's Year
The Bastard Prince

*The Chronicles of the Deryni*:
Deryni Rising
Deryni Checkmate
High Deryni

*The Histories of King Kelson*:
The Bishop's Heir
The King's Justice
The Quest for Saint Camber

King Kelson's Bride

This is just the novels.  There are other books collecting short stories,
etc.  _The Deryni Archives_ explains where its collected stories fit into
the larger universe.

If you're going to read them in the order they were written, read:

The Chronicles of the Deryni
The Legends of Camber
The Histories of King Kelson
The Heirs of St. Camber

and then _King Kelson's Bride_.

There is supposed to be a "Childe Morgan" trilogy that would fit between
Heirs of St. Camber and Chronicles, but I know nothing about it.

Melissa Proffitt