Late Introductions

LaLaLua at aol.com LaLaLua at aol.com
Fri Jun 28 18:18:31 EDT 2002

In a message dated 6/27/2002 11:50:47 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
s369161 at student.uq.edu.au writes:

> I'm sorry, I have to ask: what on earth is color guard?
> Emma :)

Besides fun? :D

It's a performance type activity with military history that's biggest in the
US, though I've seen groups from Canada, various areas in Europe, and a some
extraordinarily talented people from Japan.

If you happen to watch parades (Rose parade's a good example) they're the
groups with flags that march in front of or behind bands, though that's only
one of three different types of shows that most high school groups do. The
other two are shows set on foot ball fields or basket ball courts. Difficult
to describe, really. But it's tons of fun to watch.

Some competition circuits, with s'more information:

www.wgi.org
www.dci.org
www.bands.org
www.wgasc.org