problem with my posts?

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at ic.ac.uk
Fri Jun 28 06:10:21 EDT 2002

> > "`I am that merry wanderer of the night'?  I am that
> giggling-dangerous-
> > totally-bloody-psychotic-menace-to-life-and-limb, more like it."
> > -neil gaiman
> Oh, this is good! Where is it from? Who is Neil Gaiman? What do I read
> first?

Neil Gaiman is a dark fantasy author; he did the Sandman comics, a TV series
called Neverwhere about people living in "the other London", beneath and
above the mundane one- the Knight's Bridge is a terribly dangerous place;
um, American Gods is his most recent book, I think, he also did one called
Stardust and a couple more, and he co-wrote "Good Omens" with Terry
Pratchett- Pratchett says somewhere that it's difficult to tell who wrote
what, as they talked all of it over, but the part with the maggots is all
Gaiman ;). He's also a friend of DWJ; he has a cameo appearance at the con
in Deep Secret.
As to what to read first, I'd say not American Gods, just because it's got
something of a different feel to what I've seen of his other work. Any of
his other work would probably give you a good taste. He's good, and there
are very funny, and very lyrical, bits to his work, but I find I have to be
in the right mood to not mind the bloody bits.
Jennifer