Tough Guide, Kate Forsyth...

Kathleen Jennings s368333 at student.uq.edu.au
Fri Jun 28 03:26:46 EDT 2002

Am buying the Tough Guide and Deep Secrets (hopefully. Never bought 2nd hand
through Amazon before). Very excited but will have to wait until late July -
have Tad Williams in the meantime.
Queensland Writer's Centre is having a workshop with Kate Forsyth tomorrow
(just found out and have a tentative booking). I'm familiar with her
covers... Any comments?

And it is IMPOSSIBLE to get DWJ second hand in Brisbane. Missed all the
library discard, lifeline booksales etc, too. I'm trying to get the
Mabinogion ill. by Alan Lee, so can't afford 1st hand. And I rather like
second hand books, for the same reasons as Helen Hanff. Usually. We were in
Archives (for anyone who knows Brisbane) sitting on upturned milk-crates in
the back room between piles of sheet music and an awful lot of R. L. Stine
poring through the non-series children's books (all classics. Doesn't anyone
buy them?). There is something so desolate about second-hand children's
books. I don't mind with adult's books - they've been read, appreciated and
who knows why their owner can't keep them. And they've had the decency to
share them with the rest of us. But as far as children's books: it's like
being in an orphanage - I want to buy all of them and take them home.
Sorry for the sudden onslaught, haven't checked my mail for what? 24 hours?
Am dreading the two-day break before I can check it at home.
Kathleen.

Hve blásnautt er hjarta sem einskis saknar.
How destitute is a heart that misses nothing.
       - Ýmir, Einar Benediktsson
Kathleen Jennings
s368333 at student.uq.edu.au