Brumbies et al

Kathleen Jennings s368333 at student.uq.edu.au
Fri Jun 28 03:12:59 EDT 2002

Brumby: a wild horse, esp. one descended from runaway stock. (Macquarie
Dictionary)
The origin *might* be Lieutenant Brumby who was a horse breeder in the 19th
century.
There is a poem by Banjo  Paterson: Brumby's Run. The text is on:
http://www.brumbywatchaustralia.com/Poems.htm
Personally, I like it better than "The Man from Snowy River".
For children's books: Elyne Mitchell's Silver Brumby books. Not just 'horse'
books, very good, very observant, sometimes tear-jerkers. Skip the film.

> > Perhaps it is a pouched mammal ......... little
> > unicorn joeys would be way cute and just imagine
> > looking after an orphaned one (I'm getting lots
> > of ideas here........).
>
> Wow....  Go for it!

OUCH! Have you seen a joey get into its mother's pouch? Head first!
(Oversize feet and tail kicking behind). But I suppose unicorns are more
graceful than horses...

Hve blásnautt er hjarta sem einskis saknar.
How destitute is a heart that misses nothing.
       - Ýmir, Einar Benediktsson
Kathleen Jennings
s368333 at student.uq.edu.au