George R. R. Martin

Kathleen Jennings s368333 at student.uq.edu.au
Fri Jun 28 02:49:50 EDT 2002

> I found this interesting, but I got very tired of the way she kills
> everyone off each time she gets stuck with the plot. Three massacres in
two
> books is two too many.

Maybe she followed Mark Twain's lead (who had too many characters when
writing what became Puddin'head Wilson's Calendar and kept sending them out
the back of the house where they fell down the well... until the well was
full and he realised he might have to revise his original ideas).

Hve blásnautt er hjarta sem einskis saknar.
How destitute is a heart that misses nothing.
       - Ýmir, Einar Benediktsson
Kathleen Jennings
s368333 at student.uq.edu.au