Harding's Luck

Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 27 21:38:38 EDT 2002

--- Devra at aol.com wrote:

> Anyone ever read "Power of the Rellard" by Logan?  I
> seem to remember her being cited as an Aussie
> writer....unfortunately when I discarded her lone
> copy from my library I didn't snabble it for myself.
>  dumb
> Devra

Not a book I'm familiar with, but just looked it up on
the Oz school library central cataloging site and
carolyn Logan is indeed Oz, it lists 4 editions of
PotR plus four other titles; River Child (1994), the
huaco of the Golden God (1988), Secrets of the way
(1994) and Quark and creative writing (1989,  this is
non-fiction English composition exercises written in
collaboration with two others, these being the editors
of a magazine called Quark for young people). Secrets
of the way is a supernatural story involving computers
(according to the cataloging notes) while River child
seems to be historical involving immigrants and
orphans. There are no notes for Huaco. the only book
with a non-oz publication was PotR with two US
editions in the late 80s. We have none of her books
here so I can't actualy check them out.

Jon Noble