M Lackey

Robyn Starkey rohina at shaw.ca
Thu Jun 27 16:00:42 EDT 2002

>'ve not read Firebird, although it seems to be the most universally liked
>of her books.  I'm actually fond of her book the Black Swan, which is a
>retelling of Swan Lake.  It seems to be one of the books that is most
>liked by people who are not her normal fan club.

I took this book to hospital with me when I had Xanthe, thinking it would
be a good non-challenging read for the circumstances. But I just couldn't
read it at all. I reread Confessions of a Failed Southern Lady instead
(something about all those falling wombs must have spoken to me); and now I
have an aversion to the book and can't read it at all.

Robyn