Comics

Tarja Rainio tarja.rainio at welho.com
Thu Jun 27 15:37:03 EDT 2002

I want to thank people very much for the comics recommendations that were
sent to the list earlier this year. In the last couple of months I have read
all Bone albums + Rose , the 5 first Strangers in Paradise -albums and some
Castle Waiting (Curse of the Brambly Edge and #3-6 of vol.2) and the first
Promethea album and I've liked all of these very much.

Of these, I'm most glad about finding Bone (and Rose - I just love Charles
Vess's work). I have seen the Finnish translations of the series
occasionally, but they looked like just some cutesy animal fantasy, so I
didn't pay any attention to them. Then one day (after the recommendations on
the list) I borrowed the first 6 albums in Finnish translation from the
library and was instantly hooked. I had to have these (and preferably in
English, because some things in the translations really irked me). Luckily,
at about that time, I discovered a US comics dealer through a Finnish comics
newsgroup and checked their site. They had most of the albums available and
they also had a special offer that there would be no postage on orders over
50 dollars. I immediately placed my order and happily the package wasn't
even stopped by customs (always a worry when ordering from the US). In the
end, the albums were mucn cheaper than if I'd have bought them in a comics
store here. I'm happy!

Sorry to ramble on for so long,

Tarja