George R. R. Martin

Rebecca Ganetzky rganetzk at oberlin.edu
Thu Jun 27 13:10:51 EDT 2002

<<snip>>
Jennifer:
> There really is a Rune Blade Trilogy. [By Ann
> Marston, who I've never heard of.]
I've actually read the first book in the series.  It's been a *really long*
time since I read it (I actually own it), but when I read it I liked it
pretty well, and it /was/ after the time that I had mostly sworn off epic
fantasy, so I was definetly old enough to know better (although still young
enough to like Lackey and <<cringe>>Piers Anthony), so for what it's
worth...iirc it's a Celtic fantasy of sorts in which there is a QUEST after
a fabled SWORD, but I was under the impression at that age, at least, that
there were a number of non-cliche elements, such as characterisation and
maybe some cool sub-plots.
Rebecca D. Ganetzky