Subject: Re: Euro-Colony fantasy was Re: Celia Dart Thornton was re Australian fantasy

Sally Odgers sodgers at tassie.net.au
Thu Jun 27 09:24:05 EDT 2002

> Oh, that was so good! I wonder if they're on video... <humming theme tune>

Round the Twist is on video all right. My kids had the first series tapes
and watched them nearly bald (the tapes, not the kids...) - the thing is,
adults like them too. IMO the first series was the best - mainly because the
original Mr gribble and the original Tiger were better. Mark Mitchell (Mr
Gribble #2) is a very popular actor, but to me he over-plays the role. Might
be the Director's doing, of course. I think, from memory, the acting was
less OTT from all the cast early on.

Sallyo.