Reccommended (was MZB (was Lackey))

Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 25 21:52:50 EDT 2002

--- Kathryn Andersen <kat_lists at katspace.com> wrote:

> Which, to get back to the head of this thread, the
> first question really
> with reccomending books is to ask the reccommendee
> what kind of books
> *they* like, or even more precisely, what kind of
> books they feel in the
> mood for.

Exactly. When ever I have to suggest books to kids i
try to find what they like reading - and then as these
kids usually don't like reading anything, what movies
or TV shows they like. And then present with with as
wide a range of options as possible so they can have a
good choice.

Jon Noble

“I know I can be an influence in library work. Just
suppose I encourage some boy to become a great artist”
Sinclair Lewis - "Main Street"