MZB (was Re: Lackey)

Kathleen Jennings s368333 at student.uq.edu.au
Tue Jun 25 21:28:30 EDT 2002

> > Are you talking about other fantasy that has the
> > opposite religious agenda?
> > Which ones, other than Narnia?  I'm curious because
> > I never really notice
> > such things unless the book is preaching something
> > I'm ardently opposed to
> > (whether religion or anything else).
>
> There is always Stephen Lawhead, I tried a couple of
> his books on my sisters recommendation but couldn't
> finish them.

I couldn't finish Lawhead either. I managed to get through Taliesin/Merlin
and part of Arthur (I think it was the Arthurian element which stopped me
there, I remember enjoying esp. the atlantean scenes). But the Endless Knot,
Paradise War etc - I'm not sure what it was. It wasn't the author's world
view, I don't mind that coming across if its well done (and I'm Christian
anyway so I wasn't going to take offense at Lawhead). It was more that the
books seemed to be missing something.

Hve blásnautt er hjarta sem einskis saknar.
How destitute is a heart that misses nothing.
       - Ýmir, Einar Benediktsson
Kathleen Jennings
s368333 at student.uq.edu.au