Reccommended (was MZB (was Lackey))

Kathleen Jennings s368333 at student.uq.edu.au
Tue Jun 25 08:51:26 EDT 2002

> My son is a Feist Fan - tho' he says Some Books are Better than Others...
he
> also likes Robin Hobbs.
That's funny because after the Feist episode I decided to pick my own books
again (had been reading on recommendation for too long). I also decided
(why?) to choose a book by its cover and bought Hobbs' Assassin's
Apprentice. Rationed it over the course of a week. Finished it Saturday
lunch, caught the Indooroopilly Shoppingtown, bought the rest of the trilogy
and finished it by Sunday morning. Haven't read the liveship books but did,
did, did like that trilogy. (Also managed to get my sister to read it, which
was an achievement considering her usual reading matter. Illustrated
Dictionary of Diseases of the Horse, etc).
Need to reread it, still have strange thoughts about it sometimes. Hobbs
style and themes are curious (although I did like her nomenclature). Would
like to experience it when not on the rebound from Feist.
Kathleen.

Hve blásnautt er hjarta sem einskis saknar.
How destitute is a heart that misses nothing.
       - Ýmir, Einar Benediktsson
Kathleen Jennings
s368333 at student.uq.edu.au