Reccommended (was MZB (was Lackey))

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.com
Tue Jun 25 07:38:04 EDT 2002

On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 11:28:18AM +1000, Kathleen Jennings wrote:
> Had "Hawk of May" recommended to me many times. Finally tracked down a
> second copy but by that time abhorred most "Arthurian" fantasy and I still
> need a break before I read it.

Of course, the problem with a multiply-reccommended book is that one
feels pressured to read it, and one may well be dissappointed, because
it's been built up too much in your head.

Which, to get back to the head of this thread, the first question really
with reccomending books is to ask the reccommendee what kind of books
*they* like, or even more precisely, what kind of books they feel in the
mood for.

Kathryn Andersen