MZB (was Lackey)

Ania theania at freeuk.com
Tue Jun 25 06:36:32 EDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: Kathleen Jennings <s368333 at student.uq.edu.au>
To: <dwj at suberic.net>
Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2002 2:28 AM
Subject: Re: MZB (was Lackey)

Had "Hawk of May" recommended to me many times. Finally tracked down a
second copy but by that time abhorred most "Arthurian" fantasy and I still
need a break before I read it.

I had the good fortune to read it at the beginning of my acquaintance with
the genre, before my palate got jaded. It was good. And there are sequels,
with different narrators, iirc, it's written in the first person and the
change of narrator in vols 2 and 3 threw me a bit.
The sequels are Kingdom of Summer and In Winter's Shadow. Be warned: it all
gets rather miserable by vol. 3
Worth reading, though.
Ania