Lackey

Ania theania at freeuk.com
Mon Jun 24 19:13:36 EDT 2002

> I think I'd rather read a book where mundane things are treated as
> wondrous -- one reason why I'm so awfully fond of "The Napoleon of
> Notting Hill".
One of my all time favourites. I read it in ca. 1982, which is when it's
supposed to be set (80 yrs from time of publication; published 1900, IIRC).
I was living in London and found it as I was devouring the local library.
There were some oddly prophetic things in this book.
This is also when and where I found Angela Carter's The Bloody Chamber.
(drowns in wave of reminiscing and nostalgia)
Ania