Morris dancing (was Dancing the Maypole -- Nat & others

Nat Case ncase at hedbergmaps.com
Mon Jun 24 12:30:47 EDT 2002

At 1:09 AM +1000 6/25/02, Kathleen Jennings wrote:
>  >The stick and bucket dance was performed at the Midwest Ale over
>>Memorial Day by Oak Apple Morris of Madison. It was really scary.
>
>Imagine the last sentence is an understatement. As for the first, I followed
>it until "performed at the". Please explain?

It was scary mostly because we had a hard time stopping laughing.
Imagine attempts to do dances while hopping around with a 5-gallon
plastic bucket on one foot.

Ales are gatherings of morris dancers, and the Midwest Morris Ale is
one of the larger ones in the North America. Oak Apple is a morris
team from Madison, Wisconsin, and was the host team this year.
Memorial Day is the last Monday in May in the US, and traditionally
marks the start of summer (though many schools don't let out until
mid-June).

Hope this helps.

Nat Ring-a-Ding Case