Australian Fantasy

rohina at shaw.ca rohina at shaw.ca
Mon Jun 24 15:00:48 EDT 2002

> Cecilia Dart-Thornton.  Her book _The Ill-Made Mute_ is...hmmm.  I
> have a
> hard time explaining it.  The world-concept is very interesting,
> the magic
> is interesting, the character is interesting, but she has this
> very strange
> style of writing that verges on an entire book of purple prose.

Jusin from Slow Glass let me read his advance copy of this book, but I
really couldn't cope with the prose. More particularly, the vocab. I had
a feeling that there was a lot of use of the thesaurus to help pick the
most complicated word possible, and some of them really weren't quite
right in the circumstances as a result.

Robyn