Recommending books

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.com
Mon Jun 24 08:44:09 EDT 2002

On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 11:20:20AM +0100, Rowland, Jennifer A B wrote:
> > Oh, that reminds me!  "My Friend Mr. Leakey" by I-forget-whom, was a
> > nice slim book about an ordinary gentleman who had a friend who was a
> > magician, and the odd little adventures he had.
>
> Wasn't it one of the Haldanes? J. B. S., I think.

That certainly does ring a bell.

> I liked the episode where mango trees grew out of the table.

Oh, I can remember the picture now.

> I had it in one volume with a story about
> three brothers trying to get rid of the rats infesting the London docks.

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about that.  They try different kinds of
ingenious but crack-pot-ish methods.

Kathryn Andersen
Miss Lacroix: I want you and your friends to stay for supper.
Blair: Of course, we'd love to. We'd love to.
Gaines: If you don't, she'll whack you with her skillet.
Blair: Oh, I know. I've seen that skillet, man.
		 (The Sentinel: The Debt)