Lackey

rohina at shaw.ca rohina at shaw.ca
Sun Jun 23 21:08:21 EDT 2002

> You mean to say that Lackey actually *did* used to be able to write?
> None her books that I read in an attempt to figure out why so many
> people loved her books... none of them enabled me to figure it
> out.

Well, it depends on your definition of 'write'. Can she construct
consistently grammatical and well-expressed prose? I don't think so. Did
she write some enjoyable (if shallow) stories? Yes. My personal faves
are the ones about Tarma and Kethry: Oathbound and The Oathbreakers, and
there is a rehash book with the short stories reprinted called
Oathsomething else.

Robyn