Railways

Kathleen Jennings s368333 at student.uq.edu.au
Sun Jun 23 20:06:17 EDT 2002

> Alice books. An interesting comparison would be with
> railways in Oz fiction, where they seem always to be
> suburban trains, and I suspect that stations see more
> of the action than the carriages.
If I get past honours, I'd really like to compare the rlwy in Australian,
American and Indian books. Very different from British - not altering
society, but making it possible, tying together distances, or a symbol of
Empire... But not now! My topic is already very broad and only possible
because there hasn't been a lot written on the rail in children's
literature.

Hve blásnautt er hjarta sem einskis saknar.
How destitute is a heart that misses nothing.
       - Ýmir, Einar Benediktsson
Kathleen Jennings
s368333 at student.uq.edu.au