Railways

Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 23 17:43:51 EDT 2002

There's BB's "The forest of Bolland light railway" (I
think that's the title), and a train journey in the
Alice books. An interesting comparison would be with
railways in Oz fiction, where they seem always to be
suburban trains, and I suspect that stations see more
of the action than the carriages.

Jon Noble
(who used to catch a train to school -and got into all
sorts of things, including in winter snow fights up
and down the carriages - which was not something I'd
advise others to try as it involved climbing onto the
roof to scrape the snow off)

--- Kathleen Jennings <s368333 at student.uq.edu.au>