Introductions

Amaya Booker amaya at whatever.net.au
Sun Jun 23 02:41:43 EDT 2002

> Wow, someone else from Brisbane! For some reason, knowing another list
> member attends the same university and knows the same shops as I do is
very
> exciting! Perhaps because the only people in "real life" I know that have
> heard of DWJ are those who have read her books due to my recommendations.
I'm also a Brisbanite but I haven't been very vocal on the list for a long
time because I was in the UK on a long term holiday and am only just getting
my life back in order in Australia.

There are lots of other DWJ fans around, particularly now they've done the
Harper Collins reprints. If you want to have a good rant about DWJ go and
talk to the proprietor of Pulp Fiction in the Central Station shopping
plaza... he's a DWJ nutter and we often discuss books.

I'm finding a lot of kids are picking them up now due to Angus and Robertson
and Dymocks pushing them as 'what to read after harry potter' and have been
amused to find most of the Chrestomanci books right next to the Harry Potter
books in the Top 10 kids books in Bookworld for months.

Amaya