Recommending books

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Sat Jun 22 14:30:17 EDT 2002

Kathryn:

>  > To Say Nothing of the Dog (only one I've actually recommended for a
>>  teenage boy - big hit)
>
>Interesting.  Since I came upon this first as an adult, and it is
>marketed to adults, I didn't think of it in relation to teens.  Mind
>you, considering that my teenage nephew is happily reading David Weber,
>maybe I should think again.

I'd read it to Becca AND Cara by this stage.  And I was
unintentionally a bit dishonest before - I actually gave TSNotD to my
sister-in-law and my teenage nephew snitched it from her!  But he
loved it so much, and had been in such a reading slump before that,
that I got lots of credit anyway. :)

Hallie.