recommended authors

Gross Family argross at bigpond.net.au
Sat Jun 22 11:44:25 EDT 2002

Someone wrote (sorry, don't know who):

> > I agree, completly.  I read Obernewtyn, and found the premise and
> > the
> > beginning of the book to be trite and rather hideous (I read it
> > just this
> > year), but once I got further into the book both the
> > characterization and
> > writing style made up for both the beginning and the still rather
> > cliche
> > overall plot.

I had exactly the opposite reaction. I enjoyed the first half of the book,
and then found it quicky descended into triteness and cliche, as you note,
only I found the characterisation full of cliche as well. I did plug my way
through the second book in that series (_The Farseekers_ maybe?) and was
even less impressed.

Ros