Recommending books

Fri Jun 21 20:04:36 EDT 2002

On Sat, 22 Jun 2002 09:41:44 +1000, Kathryn Andersen wrote:

>Oh, I've remembered another long favourite (oh, this discussion is fun!)
>"The Ordinary Princess" (I forget the author)

M.M. Kaye.  This was the only book I associated with her, so when I found a
couple of her adult non-fantasy books it took me a bit to come up with where
I knew her name from.  Not that I've ever read *any* of her books....

>A very appealing book.  I've just spent the last ten minutes trying to
>find it on my shelves, and I have to conclude with great sadness that
>it's Gone. 8-(  8-(  8-(

I have a hard time keeping track of books, but I only know of three or four
I've actually lost, and only one that genuinely disappeared without my
knowing who'd had it last.  It's especially sad when you get a hankerin' to
read something, and it's just not there.  :(

Melissa Proffitt